Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The road to Boston

It's been a journey, really.
Me and the road that lies ahead.
Sometimes that road is smooth sailing.
Other times I can't bear to put one foot in front of the other on it.

2013 marks a significant year for me.
Sure, I have had years that have been more memorable than this year will prove to be, but none of which have really been for myself and controlled by myself:

1992 and 1996: graduated high school and college, respectively. Don't we all do this for our parents?
2001: got married. The beginning of sharing myself with the love of my life
2003 and 2005: had my babies with the love of my life. It has been all about these little beings from this point on.

Last year I proved to myself with hard work (and a little selfishness) I could be the athlete I always saw myself being. And I did it for myself. By myself.

And today, just 3 months shy of fulfilling that dream and running in the Boston Marathon I have only one person to prove myself to: me.

I hope you will join me on my journey to Boston on this blog. I hope to get my iPhone on my training runs, taking shots during my training, attempting to capture as many moments on the road to Boston as I possibly can!
Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment