Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Before you do anything, make these

So I was a bake sale baking queen last night.  But before I tied on my Betty Crocker apron (no I really don't have one), I had to pop open a little of this:

And then I made a batch of these:
Little Black Balls of Love (don't get dirty ideas now)
I'm afraid they may not make it to the bake sale

Mint Chocolate Oreo Truffles
1 package mint oreos
1 block cream cheese-softened
1 package melting chocolate

Crush oreos in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add softened cream cheese until mixed completely.  Roll into little balls and place in freezer 1 hour until hardened.  Melt chocolate according to package directions and dip.  Immediately top with green sprinkles if you want (or crushed peppermints...thanks Peg!).  I love these little balls of love.

Another easy treat I made (which didn't appeal to me but the kids were going crazy for them) were cupcake ice cream cones.  All you do is line muffin tins with paper liners.  Prepare a box of cake mix according to package directions. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full with batter and place an ice cream cone (flat bottom works best) upside down into muffin tin.  Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Let cool and take off paper.  Frost cupcake and decorate with sprinkles and red jelly bean (for the "cherry").  Cute and easy! (1 box of mix makes 24 of these suckers)

All and all, a good evening:  I was mildly buzzed, had a "few" truffles in my belly, and did my PTA duty.  Running?  Oh yeah, had to do that in the morning.  14 big old miles.  Read here for more on that:
http://gfrteam.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-hate-wind.html

No comments:

Post a Comment