Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

start spreading the news...

Today is the NYC marathon.
If you know me and have followed this blog for any amount of time, you know that my dream race is to run the NY marathon.  When I first decided that I would run a marathon last year, that was the one I wanted to do.  I was born and raised in NY and it seems fitting to run the race I grew up with.
Yeah, me and 100,000 people want to run it too.
So the deal is that you "apply" to run and if you get in YIPEE for you.  and if you don't get in, you apply again.  and again.  and again.
So that's where we're at (yes, i have dragged Sara into this mess with me).  But here is the exciting news:  Tomorrow (on my 29th birthday) we will apply for the 3rd time to get into the marathon.  In April, we will find out if the NYC marathon gods have accepted us into the race.  If they say yes, we are buying a plane ticket to Manhattan.  If they say "no" (again), 3 times a charm and we automatically get in!  YES!  It pays to be a 3 time loser!!!
I must have read the rules on the website over and over again, just to make sure I was seeing it correctly.
No matter what, WE ARE IN FOR 2012!


I can hardly stand it.  So while my good friend Kara is toeing the start of her NYC marathon experience this morning, I am snugly warm at home in my sweats and steaming cup of coffee.  But a year from now, it will be me and Sara, tethered together (i am not losing her!), running the race of our lives.

Happy birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment