Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

and so it begins


Today starts out the same as it did last week.
The alarm goes off around 5.  Just like last week.
I clear the fog in my head, drink my Starbucks and thumb through FB.  Just like last week.
I lace up my running shoes and put on my Garmin. Just like last week.

The difference is today I run with a heavy heart (and heavy legs).
Last week I set out to run the race of my life.
Three hours and forty nine minutes go by of pure exhilaration, joy, tears, sweat and determination.
I cross the finish line feeling something I can't quite explain.
It was my moment.  It was our moment.

Then in an instant it was taken away from me.  Taken away from all of us.  What gave them the right?

This morning I will run and remember all the runners that couldn't finish the journey they started last Monday morning.  This afternoon we will run and remember the innocent people that were hurt just because they were cheering us on. Their lives forever changed in a way I can not imagine.

I will be back Boston.  Whatever it takes to get there I will do it.
I am strong. We are strong.

Go Runners.  Go Boston.


*when the time feels right, i will tell you the tales of my boston adventure. it is something i'd like to write about because i never want to forget it. i will be back to boston to create new memories. and to honor those that cannot do so.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right here is the right webpage for everyone who wants to find
    out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue
    with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

    Have a look at my page; elevtv.ro

    ReplyDelete