Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Streaking the Christmases

 Everyone loves a challenge. And when a friend of mine told me he was doing a 365 day running streak starting at the New Year my ears perked. I could SO do that.
I hope.
Truth be told, I have lost my running mojo. Not sure exactly when, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I left it just beyond the finish line on Boylston Street after the second explosion in Boston.
Yep. Pretty sure that's where it is.
I hoped a 2nd (and 3rd) marathon would have brought it back but both offered false alarms. 
So, a running streak you say? Running everyday for 365 days in a row? In Sickness, Heath, Ice (ahem), Heat, Sidewalk Sales, on and on? And that is going to bring the mojo back?
Don't know unless I try. 
But what I am most excited about is this: 
Every day I will run. I will blog each run. I will dedicate each run to someone as a way to express gratitude to him/her. Consider it a year long series of thank you notes since I am so terrible at writing them. 
My friend starts his streak Jan 1. Mine starts Christmas Day. 
Why not? Hope you will follow me here 👣👣👣👣

No comments:

Post a Comment