Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

it's called getting old people

my lower back aches.  there's a good possibility I have whiplash.  my tailbone feels like it has broken off. 
no, thank goodness I have not been in a car accident.
I just went sledding with my kids. 
I don't remember it hurting so badly.  my jaw rattled.  my head bobbed up and down. and my face hurt from laughing so hard. 
we (all) need to unplug and careening down an ice covered hill at speeds that this (old) body is not meant to endure was the perfect solution.

as I trudged up the hill with my 8 year old I lamented that I still needed to do my run for the day. sam (ever the negotiator) told me that I should count each climb uphill towards my run.  creative...but not quite meeting the 365 streak standards. 

but i have had enough of the great outdoors for the day.  so i took it to the treadmill, getting in the bare minimum of  miles in between lifting some weights in hopes to toughen up for my next downhill adventure.

sam, this run's for you today.  thanks for forcing me to unplug for a little while today while enjoying the company of two of my favorite little people.

Epsom salts...take me away.

until tomorrow, run happy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment