Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Merry

Merry Christmas! I have started my crazy 365 day running streak by...well...by hitting the ground running (badabadabada).
I thought today would be a good day to dedicate my 4 mile jaunt to Jesus himself, since he is the reason for celebration today.  I am not a super religious gal, but I love my usual 4 mile route that winds me through a retreat center. It greets me with large overhanging trees that seem to wrap me in a warm embrace despite the winter air chill.  I typically take this route 3 times a week, giving me a chance to say a quick prayer of gratitude or a plea for guidance. 
Today was no different as I stopped before the retreat's beautiful manager nestled in a blanket of snow. I reflected on all I have and said a prayer for those who have not. 

And as I ran home, I wondered how in the heck I am going to do this for 364 more days in a row.

Until tomorrow...run happy friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment