Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

An abrupt end

Well, I dragged ya'll into this detox and I'm bailing out on it.
But, I have a good reason.  I swear.
I'm running another marathon.  And, I'm sorry, but when I am training for a marathon I need to let my body eat what it wants, when it wants it.  I have no control of the situation.  Honest.

So expect to see some complaining about long miles, recipes involving pasta, quick breads and the like.  It ain't called carbo-loading for nothing, people.

But those of you continuing the detox, press on!  You are on week 3 and 4...the weeks of maintaining those good habits and drinking coffee again, yippee!  I am still on the quest to cut back on caffeine for the long haul...not give it up, mind you, but cut back.  So don't judge if I have a diet coke every now and again, OK?

Did I mention this marathon is 6 weeks away?  Why, one sane individual might ask, would you decide to train for a 26.2 mile run when you only have 6 weeks to do so?  Originally I was going to run the 1/2 marathon.  And then I saw that the marathon was only $10 more.  The sane individual would say, "who cares" and sign up for the 1/2 marathon, right?

My twisted mind says "why not run the marathon for that price?"
It's a sickness, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment