Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

avocado chocolate pudding

OK STOP.  I understand completely.  Why waste beautiful avocados in some clean eating recipe that is trying to disguise said beautiful avocados in some dish that pretends to be chocolate and decadent? Why not whip up some guacamole and call it good?
Because I love chocolate.  And since the Marathon is over (thus marathon training miles are over), girlfriend needs to stop her cookie/chocolate/brownie fetish.
After our 11 miler today, Michelle whips out a harmless, easy recipe out of Clean Eating magazine for this pudding:

3 avocados
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla
sea salt
Puree avos, cocoa, honey and vanilla til smooth.  Add sea salt and stir.
Viola!  Chocolate Pudding a bit more healthy than the Hunts Snack Packs in the processed food aisles of Meijer.


It took less than 5 minutes to whip it up.  I threw it in the fridge for a little bit and took a spoonful (or two).  Pretty tasty to me;  satisfied my fix for chocolate but not SO delectable that I would need to eat the entire batch in one sitting.  Perhaps would taste better with a more premium cocoa powder.  Or with chocolate chips.  But I guess that defeats the purpose...

But, the bigger test is how does it taste...to them:
Sam (6) review:  "Gross" (and puts his spoon down)
5 minutes later:  Sam: "Mom, where is that pudding?"   Me: "I thought you didn't like it"  Sam (eating another few spoonfuls: "I little bit like it I guess..."
Tyler (8) review:  "Yummm.  Good" (takes another bite) "Well, that second bite wasn't very good.  What is in this?"
Me:  "Avocados!  Can you believe it?"
Tyler: "Maybe you should save your avocados for guacamole".

He's a smart kid.

1 comment:

  1. i am laughing so hard right now!! love it!! you need to be on twitter woman easier to follow but we'd miss out on the full pics and stories !! :)

    ReplyDelete