Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

my head, it pounds

Detox Day #1.  This is usually the day that starts out optimistic "I CAN DO THIS!"
Just like sista here, I roll up my sleeves and turn on my blender and get it moving.  I drink my hot water with lemon like no one's business. I don't need no coffee. I embrace the detox.

Come noon.  I am sipping on seltzer, holding my head in my hands with the biggest lack of caffeine headache known to man.  I am grouchy woman.  Anything anyone says to me makes me snarl.  Grrrr.

Fast forward to evening.  I fear my eyeballs are going to pop out of my head as my headache ensues. It takes every ounce of willpower I have to not eat the Hungry Howie pizza crust off of my kids' plates.  I admit, my dinner may have been just a littttle bit bigger than it's supposed to be.  I was just a hungry girl!

detox day 1:
banana with almond butter
a small handful of roasted almonds (roasted those myself.  couldn't wait to gnaw on them)
sweet potato soup (i will post the recipe above) and small handful of cherries
more almonds.  perhaps i need to find another snack
salmon, grilled sweet potato, spinach salad with strawberries, red onion and sunflower seeds

To the big guy upstairs:  give me the strength to not eat any processed cookies in the cabinet in the next 2 hours before I go to bed.  Thank you and Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You can do this, and you have before!!!

    Hang in there the first day or two are the worst. All that crap still in your system from the weekend and then no coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a most delicious smoothie this morning. Thought I would share with our fellow detox friends. FYI, I don't follow recipes for smoothies nor do I measure. So just go with the flow on this one.
    1 c water
    Frozen Mango - about a handful
    peaches, these were fresh maybe 2
    pears, also fresh, 2
    handful baby carrots
    handful spinach
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein.
    Blend and enjoy!
    It is very thick and creamy and for some reason a little coco-nutty.

    ReplyDelete